Browse Recipes By Products:
Sourdough Wheat Bread, 2 lb.
Use the same starter as for the Sourdough bread. This is a heartier sourdough bread as it uses half bread flour and half whole wheat flour.
- 6 fl ounces (¾ cup) water, 80°F
- 1½ cup sourdough starter, room temp
- 1¼ tablespoons molasses
- 1¾ cups bread flour
- 1¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- or -
- Add liquid ingredients to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for recommended select setting BASIC WHITE (1, 2, 3). Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.