Browse Recipes By Products:
Sourdough Bread, 1 lb.
Make your own sourdough starter for this bread. Once made, it will last a long time providing you take proper care of it. Share with friends.
- 4 fl ounces (½ cup) water, 80°F
- ⅔ cup sourdough starter, room temp
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons active dry yeast - or -
- 1 teaspoon bread machine/fast rise yeast
- Add liquid ingredients to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for recommended select setting BASIC WHITE (1, 2, 3). Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.