Browse Recipes By Products:
French Bread, 1 lb.
Crusty on the outside, chewy on the inside. Just the way bread should be!
- 7 ounces (¾ + 2 tablespoons cup) water, 75-85°F
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2½ cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast - or -
- ¾ teaspoon bread machine/fast rise yeast
- Add liquid ingredients and butter to bread pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast, to bread pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients and then level, pushing some of them into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make an indentation in center of dry ingredients fill with yeast.
- Select desired setting. Program timer, if necessary. Turn bread maker on. When bread is done, turn breadmaker off and, using oven mitts, unlock and remove the bread pan. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.