Browse Recipes By Products:
Banana Nut Bread
A delightful variation of the original nut bread.
- ½ cup softened butter or margarine, cut into small pieces for thorough blending
- 2 eggs, large, slightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- add 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium size bananas)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Grease inside of pan and knead bar generously with vegetable shortening.
- Add all ingredients in order listed above to pan. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for quick bread. Turn bread maker on. The ingredients will be mixed and then the bread will be baked. After 6-minute premix, use a rubber scraper to clean off flour from sides of pan. Do not remove pan to scrape sides, leave pan locked in place when scraping flour off sides.
- When done, turn off, and remove pan using oven mitts. Allow bread to cool in pan on rack at least 15 minutes before attempting to remove. You may wish to run a smooth edged plastic spatula around edge of bread to help loosen from pan before removing. Cool completely on rack before slicing.