Browse Recipes By Products:
Slow Cooker Banana Bread
This banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of banana flavor!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup (3/4 pound or 2 medium) mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Grease a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan with solid hydrogenated shortening. Dust with flour and shake out excess. Set covered pot on base and preheat at Setting # 5 while mixing ingredients.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, shortening, bananas, and eggs. Beat at medium speed until evenly blended. Stir in walnuts and orange peel. Pour batter into pan. Place pan in pot.
- Cover and bake at Setting # 5 for 2 hours. Do not remove cover during this time. To test for doneness at the end of recommended baking time, insert a metal cake tester in several places including the center of bread. If cake tester comes out lean, the brad is done if batter clings to cake tester, continue baking for 15 minute intervals. Remove bread from pan and cool on rack.
- Makes a 1 ½ pound loaf.