Browse Recipes By Products:
Raisin Bread, 1.5 lb.
What better bread to wake up to in the morning! Warm from the bread maker or toasted, a great way to start the day.
- 9½ ounces (1 cup + 3 tablespoons) water, 75-85°F
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1½ tablespoon dry milk
- 1½ tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast - or -
- 2 teaspoon bread machine/fast rise yeast 1½ teaspoons
- ¾ cup raisins**
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Add liquid ingredients and butter to bread pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast, to bread pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients and then level, pushing some of them into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make an indentation in center of dry ingredients fill with yeast.
- Select desired setting. Program timer, if necessary. Turn bread maker on. When bread is done, turn breadmaker off and, using oven mitts, unlock and remove the bread pan. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.
**SPECIAL TIP: To make raisin bread overnight or without being present to ad the raisins and nuts, follow Steps 1-3 above. Then place raisins and nuts around the outside edge of pan, on top of dry ingredients, away from the yeast. Do not add raisins to the water in pan as the raisins will absorb too much liquid and a poor loaf of bread will be obtained. Continue with Step 4.