Browse Recipes By Products:
Orange Wheat Bread, 1.5 lb.
This recipe has both orange juice and grated orange peel to add a citrus flavor. A light textured breakfast-type bread worth trying.
- 4 fl ounces (½ cup) orange juice
- 5½ fl ounces (⅔ cup) water, 80°F
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast -or-
- 1½ teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add liquids ingredients and butter to pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for recommended select setting BASIC WHITE (1, 2, 3). Program timer if being used. Turn bread maker on. When done, turn off, unlock pan and remove with oven mitts. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.