Browse Recipes By Products:
Gluten-Free Bread, 1.5 lb.
For preparation West Bend® Breadmakers with traditional shaped, horizontal bread pan.
- 3 large eggs *
- 9 oz. lukewarm water, 90°F (1 cup + 2 tbsp.)
- 4 tbsp. melted butter or canola oil (do not use margarine)
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 cups white rice flour
- ¾ cup potato starch flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ⅔ cup non-fat dry milk
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. zanthan gum
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
*Measure eggs into a 2 cup measuring cup. Add 9 oz. of water or enough to fill measuring cup to 1 ¾ cup marking.
- In mixing bowl thoroughly combine eggs, lukewarm water, melted butter or oil and cider vinegar with a wire whisk or fork. Pour mixture into bread pan.
- Measure and blend together all dry ingredients, except yeast, with a whisk or fork. Place into bread pan on top of liquid ingredients. Add yeast on top of dry ingredients. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for Basic, Basic Rapid, or Basic Specialty bread setting, 1 ½ lb load size and Medium crust color. Press Start/Stop button to turn on. When mixing action begins, use a rubber scraper to assist in mixing for a few minutes. The machine will then mix the thick batter by itself. The mixture will not form into a ball of dough, but will be a thick batter that will take on a swirled appearance on surface after about 10 minutes of mixing. After mixing, the bread will go through the rise cycles and bake.
- When the bread is done, remove bread pan using oven mitts. Invert pan to remove loaf and cool completely on rack before slicing. This recipe makes about a 2 lb loaf of bread that will be about 5 inches high.