Browse Recipes By Products:
50% Whole Wheat Bread, 1.5 lb.
For those that like a lighter textured wheat bread, this is the recipe for you. Contains equal amounts of bread and whole wheat flour.
- 8-1/2 ounces (1 cup + 1 tablespoon) water, 75-85°F
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast - or -
- 1-1/2 teaspoons bread machine/fast rise yeast
- Add liquid ingredients and butter to bread pan.
- Add all dry ingredients, except yeast, to bread pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients and then level, pushing some of them into the corners. Lock pan into bread maker.
- Make an indentation in center of dry ingredients fill with yeast.
- Select desired setting. Program timer, if necessary. Turn bread maker on. When bread is done, turn breadmaker off and, using oven mitts, unlock and remove the bread pan. Shake bread out of pan and cool on rack before slicing.
A dense bread, packed with fiber since all whole wheat flour is used. Longer rise time at wheat settings provide great results. If bread collapses during baking period, add 1 or 1-1/2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten to recipe for respective loaf size to prevent this from happening. Vital wheat gluten can be found in most health food stores.